Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Comic Book Development

Vampires Ruling Britain

I started to create my comic book by drawing the pictures I thought up in the creation stage of my storyboard. To draw these photos I got A4 pieces of paper and divided the page into three sections, two small boxes and one bigger one. After drawing all the pictures for the comic books five pages I scanned these images and opened them in Photoshop. After this I edited the drawings to make them more comic like, I did this by changing the pixels and enhancing the colour of the drawings. Once I had finish editing the drawings I cut them individually out of the file into a new one to start developing the comic book pages and putting the drawings in order.
Before I copied and pasted each drawing into the correct pages I created five A4 pages in Photoshop to start creating the backgrounds, I inserted a purple background and boarded it with a clay colour; I finished the background with a decorative gothic drawing. After I inserted the drawings into the correct pages I arranged them to fit a suitable layout and size, I also boarded the drawings with the same colour as the boarded background to have the pages colour coordinated. To develop the comic even more I inserted page numbers and colourful boxes to write the speech text, I inserted this text on top of the selected drawings. After the completion of the main five pages the next step is to create the front and back page.
 Using the same background which has been used on the other pages I inserted two main drawing from the comic and created a heading using the same font as the one I used in the speech boxes. To make the front page more detailed I inserted the drawing which had been used as a background for the other pages, to make the back page I also inserted this drawing and the background colour to start inserting the blurb. I finished this back page off by inserting the bar code and another main drawing from the comic book, after the completion of the comic I saved the Photoshop files to JPEG to allow me to upload these files onto Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment